AFGHANISTAN A JUST WAR? NOT SO MUCH...
A dude at the Hattiesburg American forum said Afghanistan is a "just war." I attempt to disabuse him of that notion with what follows...
1. The Bush administration gave the Taliban a lot of money before our invasion--$53 million, to be exact. This was only a few months before 9/11 in spite of their support for terrorism, their treatment of women, and their toleration of Osama bin Laden.
2. Suddenly, and I'm sure quite by coincidence, Bush agreed to a plan to attack Afghanistan on 9/10/01.
3. In February 2001, the Taliban offered to send Osama bin Laden to Saudi Arabia if the U.S would work with them.
4. None of the hijackers in the official 9/11 fable were from Afghanistan.
5. If bin Laden's presence in Afghanistan justifies a war on a country that has hardly ever known anything else, why did the Bush admin. arrange for bin Laden's relatives to be flown out of the country two days after 9/11?
6. Afghanistan did not invade or attack the United States. In fact, the Taliban tried to warn the U.S. about 9/11.
7. The U.S. government has never brought formal charges against bin Laden for 9/11.
So why again is Afghanistan a "just war?" If you ask me, it's not "just war"--it's just war. And war is a racket.